Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's a Wrap for this Season

Now that I'm back in San Carlos and the Bliss boat is in Barra de Navidad, I'll be moving to my other blog, The Green Flash.

But I wanted to show off some of the work completed on Bliss before the switch. Below is the galley as it has been for the past couple of years.
And below, is the galley with the new double sink & faucet, and the new formica on cabinets and countertop.
And then there's the dish holder with the formica on the outside. The rounded ends were made by cutting a 4 inch PVC pipe in half and glueing it to the end of the dish holder. They hold the cooking utensils.
The three holes behind have been merged into one large ovoid window that will provide more light and ventilation to the cook. The holes held the old instruments (wind, speed, depth) that have been replaced with new stuff at the helm.

So that's it for Bliss this season. Although I won't be adding anything new to the boat until the winter, I will be chronicling some of the improvements that were done in prior years.

I'll get back to her this winter, after a summer of working on the business and The Green Flash.
See ya'

No comments:

Post a Comment