Monday, May 11, 2009

Gag me with a spoon


The cabinets, once the trim is taken off, appear to be a lot of work. The trim is burned in places, the cabinet doors are grungy and this pice of vinyl I took off the shelf is going directly to the trash. It's beyond hope or redemption.

The wood is solid for the most part, but it will be days of sanding the trim around the cabinets... and because of the way it's installed. I dare not attempt to remove it for refinishing. So, long days of stretching across the counter to clean, sand, varnish, sand, varnish, etc.  It also means that the galley will accumulate a lot of dust. And right in the middle of the food prep area... maybe I'll hit a restaurant for a couple of days. It's going to be a messy job.

It seems I can't get a connection good enough for photos tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment